Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Decline of Music

This is going to be a bit of a rant, but hear me out.

Not too long ago, an ex of mine told me about a trend in the music scene where metal bands are fusing elements of techno into their music to create a new sound.  This sounded quite ridiculous and I didn't really understand what she meant until my brother showed me this video: 


Needless to say, I was absolutely appalled to witness such a disgraceful act of musical heresy.  I would not have been able to conjure up such horribleness even in my worst nightmares.  Pay particular attention to 2:46 onwards.  Seriously, this is not funny nor is it very amusing.  As a music fan and a supporter of rock bands, I can say that if this is what people are listening to for their musical enjoyment, our generation has lost a certain aesthetic appreciation.

However there are bands like this that give me some hope: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OjTspCqvk8

2 comments:

  1. Seriously, though, I wouldn't worry too much about the existence of this band. Nobody actually takes them seriously.

    Bad taste exists everywhere. Whatchu gon do bout it?

    ReplyDelete